- Rewarding account of contemporary education through the eyes of a student, a teacher, and a college choice. By Christopher M. Nichols. Former student. Assistant Professor of History. Oregon State University. Read….
- A recommendation. By Megan Laverty. Associate Professor of Philosophy and Education. Teachers College, Columbia University. Read….
- The education of the soul. By Rene Arcilla. Associate Professor of Educational Philosophy. New York University. Read….
- Big Ideas in a Small Frame. By Grace Roosevelt. Associate Professor. Metropolitan College of New York. Read….
- A model. By Ellen Condliffe Lagemann. Levy Institute Research Professor. Bard College. Distinguished Fellow. Bard Prison Initiative. Read….
- A dialogue with a truly great teacher. By Wyatt Rockefeller. Former Student. Film Maker. Read….
- Essential reading. By Liana Sterling. Former student. Senior Analyst. New York City Office of Management and Budget. Read….
- The true meaning of education. By Georgina Cullman, Ph.D. Former student. Postdoctoral Fellow, American Museum of Natural History’s Center for Biodiversity & Conservation. Read….
- A rich look into a formative time in a young adult’s life. By Lover of learning. Read….
- An Anomaly. By Annie Reinish. Former student. Uncommon Schools. Director of Staff Development. Read….
- An unusual book by a great teacher. By Ben Smith. Former student. Editor-in-Chief, BuzzFeed. Read….
- A Recommendation for Letters of Recommendation. By Claire Catenaccio. Ph.D. Candidate. Classics Department. Columbia University. Read….
- Essential Reading for Educators. By Susan Jakes. Former student. Editor of ChinaFile.com. Senior Fellow at the Asia Society’s Center on U.S.-China Relations. Read….
- Put this book in the hands of YOUR “Emilia”!. By Ronald Gross on March 4, 2014. Read….
- An education, in letters. From THE COMMONS, Kettering Foundation. Read….
Online booksellers carry Letters — Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Tower Books — and your favorite bookstore can order it for you — Letters of Recommendation by Maxine McClintock is published in The Reflective Commons (New York: Collaboratory for Liberal Learning, 2013). ISBN 978-1-937828-004, $24.95.